Our Concert Hall has a wonderful acoustic enhanced by the douglas fir wooden flooring and local gault brick walls, providing a fantastic venue for musical, educational and artistic events. This beautiful multipurpose space, flooded with natural light can also be fully blacked out for filming or events.
The concert hall has two well-maintained grand pianos: a Steinway B and a Yamaha DC7X ENPRO Enspire with advanced Disklavier playback technology.
The main hall and two further live rooms are all connected via fibre to an acoustically treated control room offering superb opportunities for audio and video projects. We have a good flexible selection of lighting and camera setups suitable for different purposes and an experienced and creative in-house technical team who are happy to discuss your audio and visual needs. Previous and current clients include NMC Recordings, Britten Sinfonia, Aldeburgh Young Musicians, YCAT and ABRSM. You are welcome to bring your own technical teams, cameras and portable lighting.
'For recording on location to be as good as it can be there are many factors which need to be right; artist, music, instrument, tuner, acoustic, noise issues, locality, price, coffee, the welcome, ambience... Precious few places tick most of the boxes and Stapleford Granary certainly does that'.
Ken Blair, BMP The Sound Recording Co.
'For the performer, this quiet, light, generously sized but intimate space is ideal - focus and inspiration flourish and the experience of performing is of top quality.'
Imogen Cooper CBE, pianist
- Capacity: 120 seated
- Dimensions: 12.5 m x 10.7 m
- Suitable for: concerts, castings, auditions, rehearsals, filming, recording, photography, workshops, lectures, masterclasses
- Availability: all year round subject to Stapleford Granary programming
- Full day weekday: £700 (subsidised charity / non-profit rate £350)
- Half day weekday: £500 (subsidised charity / non-profit rate £250)
- Full day weekend: £800 (subsidised charity / non-profit rate £400)
- Half day weekend: £400 (subsidised charity / non-profit rate £200)
- Tuning prior to use: £95
- Use of Steinway / Yamaha: £100 additional to room hire
- Technical packages: please contact us to discuss