Sunday 13 March | 12:00pm (age 0-8)
Doors & coffee shop open from 11:00am | Concert 12:00pm, ends c.12:50pm, no interval
£10 / £8 (under 25)
Stu Hanna - Vocals, Guitar, Banjo & Mandola | Debbie Hanna - Vocals, Accordion, Whistle & Kazoo
Award-winning folk duo Megson blend their infectious mix of vocals and lush harmonies into a gentle, interactive concert specially for younger children, featuring children’s folk songs old and new from their ‘When I was a Lad’ album. Between each song, the performers playfully involve the audience, introducing ideas, the instruments and stories that will feature in the songs.
Megson have been three times nominated in the BBC Radio 2 Awards and are treble winners of the Spiral Earth Awards. They draw heavily on their Teesside heritage to create a truly unique sound.
'A HUGE family hit. Megson have definitely hit the nail on the head, appealing to toddlers and their families'
'I really liked dancing with my sisters at the front and popping the bubbles! It was REALLY exciting. I want to see them again!'
Phoebe, age 3
'The most original duo on the British folk scene'
Megson Family Folk Show was developed in association with CAMBRIDGE JUNCTION and THE SAGE GATESHEAD.
Covid-19 and concerts
In line with the most up-to-date guidance Public Health for Cambridgeshire & Peterborough, we:
- clean all surfaces that people touch regularly and keep hand sanitizer around the site
- ensure air flow remains good around the building (we have a highly efficient air extraction system in the concert hall)
- advise all ticket holders to take a lateral flow test before coming to an event at the Granary and insist that staff and visitors who are unwell do not attend the venue
- Face coverings are now mandatory in larger venues. Although we are a small venue, we feel it is sensible to ask audiences to wear face coverings when moving around the site and in the concert hall, unless you are exempt.
- Face coverings are not mandatory in areas which serve food or drink and therefore not applicable to the bar area. Our bar is very spacious and we have additional seating in the gallery walkway area.
- Whilst we are advising adults to wear face coverings, we do not expect young children to do so.